CMA CGM introduces new MEDWAX & improved EURAF 3 and WAZZAN services connecting Europe to West Africa
January 13, 2021
Striving for continuous improvement in our service offer to West Africa strategic markets, CMA CGM is pleased to introduce its new product MEDWAX service in complement to the current existing 31 services to Sub Saharan Africa.
Effective January 14, 2021 at Algeciras with m/v "Atlantic Discoverer", MEDWAX service will offer a lean product and a weekly service from Worldwide to the Republic of Guinea and Ivory Coast through our operational Med hub.
Dakar will be offered to our Exporters on seasonal call basis to meet with the demand during the reefer season.
MEDWAX features are the following:
• Service fully operated by CMA CGM Group
• Fleet deployment of 5 vessels of 2,500 TEU nominal capacity
• Port rotation: Algeciras - Tangier - Conakry - San Pedro - Abidjan - Dakar seasonal call - Algeciras
• Launch date : January 14, 2021 at Algeciras
In addition to the new MEDWAX service, we would like to share with you the information on improved services EURAF 3 and WAZZAN
• Dedicated to the North Range West Africa Market
• Effective on January 16, 2021 with m/v "CMA CGM Fort Saint Louis" will have the following port coverage Tangier - Algeciras - Freetown - Monrovia - Banjul - Tangier
• Dedicated to Mauritania and Dakar markets
• Effective on January 12, 2021 with m/v "CMA CGM Homere" covers the following port rotation Casablanca - Algeciras - Tangier - Nouakchott - Dakar - Nouadhibou - Las Palmas - Casablanca
Image by CMA CGM
CMA CGM press release