Shell selected as partner in the North Field South LNG project

Oct 23, 2022

Shell has been selected to participate in the next wave of Qatar's LNG expansions - the North Field South project (NFS).

Shell will obtain a 9.375% participating interest in the 16 Mtpa NFS project - out of a total 25% interest available for international partners. QatarEnergy will hold the remaining 75%.

At the signing ceremony, Ben van Beurden, Chief Executive Officer of Shell, said:

"I am delighted that Shell's strategic partnership with QatarEnergy is further deepened through our participation in the North Field South project. LNG has a key role in ensuring energy system reliability and our investments with QatarEnergy will support the energy transition and energy security, two of the most fundamental challenges the world faces today."

Shell International BV press release